Quick links: East Hoathly Family Fun Run 2019 | FPTA Upcoming Events | Christmas Cards | Summer Raffle Results | Open Garden at Sayerland House | East Hoathly Family Fun Run | FPTA Spring Fair | About the FPTA
East Hoathly Family Fun Run 2019
Click here to register online. Race entry fees can be paid via bank transfer, cash or cheque.
East Hoathly CE School FPTA (Lloyds TSB) | Sort code: 30-95-01 |Account no: 03251771
We are very excited to be holding a raffle at this year’s fun run! Tickets will be on sale for £1 each at the fun run, and will be available from the school in the weeks leading up to the event. Here are the amazing prizes on offer…
- Freedom Leisure:
- One year family leisure pass
- One family swim
- 2 adult, 4 children entry to Splashdance
- 1 month swim school membership
- Studio class admission for 2 people
- 2 x seven day passes at the East Sussex National
- Glyndebourne: 2 tickets to any one of the dress rehearsals over the summer
- £50 voucher for Bill’s
- Dinner for two at the Highlands, Uckfield
- Dinner for two at the Blacksmiths Arms, Halland
- £10 book token
- £20 voucher for Cook
- 3 personalised bottles by Klean Kanteen
- £20 voucher for Sugarhill Boutique, Brighton
- 5 x £2 off vouchers for Innocent Smoothies
- Voucher for a free session at Pole Fit personal training
- Free May box from the Craft Gin Club
- One month membership at Isenhurst Gym, Uckfield
- £15 voucher for Fun Abounds, Uckfield
- £10 voucher for Hartfields
- Six free lessons with Universal Dance
- Personal trainer nutrition package
- Entry for 2 adults and 3 children to Leeds Castle
- Family voucher for Eastbourne Miniature Railway
- Family voucher for Drusilla’s
- 2 x Pukka tea mugs
- Wireless speaker (for outdoor sports – can be attached to a bike/ rucksack/ pushchair)
- £10 voucher for Intersport, Lewes
- £20 gift card for Oliver Bonas
- Gift voucher for Turning Tide Pilates, Uckfield
- Free singing/ piano lesson from Rick Simonetti
- Free PT session at Anytime Fitness, Uckfield
- 2 tickets for Cineworld
FPTA Upcoming Events
There are several events coming up we would like to make the school community aware of.
This week is School Enterprise Week, and the FPTA will be supporting the school to create Christmas crafts. The children will be making some fabulous decorations which will be available at the Christmas Fair. In addition to this the children will be making something to bring home at the end of the week. The FPTA are asking parents to contribute £1.50 per child towards the cost of materials, payable to the school office.
The children will then be making two items each with the FPTA which will go on sale at the Fair, and a further one to bring home as a thank you for their hard work and to ensure they have something they have created to take home.
On Thursday 22nd November 2018, we are holding a Movie Night to raise funds and donations towards our fair. If your child would like to attend the movie night there are two options – either a donation of wine/spirit which are handed into the office and the children have their names checked off, or they bring £2.50 in a named envelope to the office by the morning of the Thursday 22nd November . The teachers will walk the children to the village hall for the event and then children will just need collecting at 5pm from the village hall.
Friday 30th November, from 3.15 to 6pm, is our Christmas Fair, we hope to see lots of people there to start off the festive season.
This year, Santa will be visiting to read stories to the children, and you can book a time slot via the office. Children will be read a Christmas Story in our special grotto and receive a small gift.
Raffle tickets will be sent home with children next week, please ensure all sold stubs and monies are returned prior to the morning of the 30th November. If you have any unsold tickets please return these so they can be utilised at the fair.
On Tuesday 4th December the FPTA have paid for a pantomime to visit the school for the children. The performance will take place in the morning and we would like to invite children to bring a Christmas or Jolly jumper that they can wear whilst watching the Pantomime.
We hope you and the children will really enjoy these events and thank you so much for all your support this term!
If you have any questions please come and see Jacs, Dani or Dee in the playground,
|Reception||Father Christmas pictures|
|Year 2||Glitter Christmas trees|
|Year 3||Ribbon Christmas trees|
|Year 4||Snow scene|
|Year 5||Watercolour wash Christmas trees|
|Year 6||Northern lights|
In a few cases we have had to do something different for a child, please check the child’s year group for their work.
Summer Raffle Results
Open Garden at Sayerland House
Last weekend, we were invited to an Open Garden at Sayerland House, in Polegate, to provide refreshments and raise funds for the school. We had a fabulous afternoon enjoying the gardens, whilst serving teas and homemade cakes, and we raised £250! A special thanks to our young helpers and all who made cakes for the event.
East Hoathly Family Fun Run
|Position||Time (mins)||First Name||Surname||Bib no.|
|Position||Time (mins)||First Name||Surname||Bib No.|
FPTA Spring Fair
The FPTA are delighted to announce we raised £2500 from our East Hoathly Fair on Saturday 17th March 2018.
Despite the horrible weather, there was a fantastic turnout from the school and wider community, and even the Easter Bunny came to visit!
Thank you to all of those who came and supported the event and we hope everyone had a lovely time.
We look forward to seeing the children benefitting from these funds which will be spent on classroom resources.
Also, we are delighted to announce that we have successfully applied for a Community Grant through Wealden District Council which, together with funds raised by the FPTA, will enable us to purchase staging for use by the school and wider
About the FPTA
Our FPTA committee are a group of parents who meet regularly to arrange events, which bring our school and community together. These events support and raise funds for our school.
Who is in the committee?
- Co- Chairs – Jacs Brenchly & Danni Thatcher
- Secretary – Anna Zorn
- Treasurer – Laura Sandford
- Teacher Link – Miss Denney
Whilst there is an elected committee of volunteers we are also lucky to welcome other parents and family members to join the meetings, share ideas and be part of our events.
What have our FPTA funded this academic year?
- Funding towards an Olympic Athlete for Sports Week.
- New monkey bars for the outdoor trim trail.
- Christmas Pantomime for all pupils.
- Prizes for British Values cake sales
- Prizes for Road Safety Competition
The FPTA have supported and provided refreshments at the following events:
- Harvest Festival
- Christmas Productions
- New parents open evenings.
Our regular events include:
- Christmas Fairs
- Christmas Cards, Tea towels and aprons.
- Termly cake and healthy alternative sales – Including snacks made by each class.
- Alternate termly Disco’s and Movie Nights.
Please see the dates list for our upcoming events including the Spring Fete and Family Fun Run!