At East Hoathly pupils take part in swimming lessons across KS2, the last year 6 cohort left with;
- 95% of children who could swim competently, confidently and proficiently over 25 metres?
- 90% of children who could use a range of strokes?
- 25% of children who can perform self-rescue in different water based activities
This financial year East Hoathly CE School has a sport premium grant of £17,478.
This grant will be used to:
- Provide funded after school and lunch time clubs taught by a qualified sports coach. Through this pupil attendance numbers has increased enabling more children to take part in regular physical activity.
- The development and training of a ‘Sports Crew’ who will organise and lead a range of sports events and challenges across the year. They will then work with next year’s co-hort of sports crew so ensure the sustainability of activities and provision continues.
- Develop teaching of PE and TA’s knowledge of differentiation through PE, by working alongside a sports coach. Teachers and TA’s knowledge will develop and lead to sustainable improvements and ensuring high quality teaching continues.
- The purchase of new playground resources and resources to develop a competition calendar.
- Transport and entrance into sport events in the local area.
- Sports week – where children will experience a range of sports from local providers